Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A kiddie-update :)

Well, it has been a long time since my last post! But- I do have excuses... all which should validate my absence from posting!!

First, my parents came for a visit. This was so great, as my Dad had not yet met our sweet Sophia, and they were able to be present for their dedication sunday as well! :) We had so so much fun- catching up on lost laughs, poking fun at one another, shopping and dining together! We can't wait until they visit again :)

When they left to go home- on April 17th, we quickly and efficiently packed up our car and took off for NS the next day! This of course was planned, but a suprise! We tricked all of my family except for my sister... who very quickly figured me out! But, she didn't know exactly the time or date of our arrival- she was pretty close :)

We were able to spend the day with our niece Emily for her very 1st birthday!!! I am not sure if any of you remember but when Stephanie had Em last year, I was very quickly overcome with homesickness and so my wonderful husband put me on a plane as quickly as he could to be there for the day of her birth! I missed it, but not by too much!!

Thursday we had a very lovely lunch with my 2 grandmothers, and then a super-fun visit with Ben's great friend Charlie! We were so excited to finally meet Charlies new baby brother Sam!! They are such cuties :) Ben and Charlie played really well together :) Only a few squabbles!!

Early Friday morning Nathan and I unfortunately had to run Sophia into emergency (the IWK in Halifax) because her apnea monitor sounded several times through the night! We were not there long before they told us we were being admitted! Our hearts fell onto the floor, as we both thought "here we go again!" I shed a couple of tears, and Nathan assured me she was 'bigger and stronger now' and that she would be so much better when they sent her home!! We prayed together and waited for TEN hours to be taken to her room!! (No one said GOOD care would be QUICK care, right?!?!?)

Saturday lots of tests were run, and Sunday we were released! The short story is: she had another bladder infection, and needed to have a couple big doses of IV antibiotics before being sent home for the regular 10 days of liquid (by mouth) antibiotics!!

Thanks to those of you who came to visit us while in the hospital with Sophia- bored out of our minds!! Katie, Mom & Dad, Miss, and Natasha & Dave!! We enjoyed visiting with all of you :) And for most of you, showing Sophie off for the first time!!

She is doing quite well now :) Thank you to everyone who prayed along side of us! This little girl comes complete with a journey that isn't over yet... one that will still need to be guided wisely by our heavely father, and with much prayer!

We are now visiting Nathan's parents in Yarmouth, NS. We will be here until the end of the week- still hoping to get together with Nathan's Aunt Kathy & Uncle Owen, as well as possibly visiting my cousin Sonya and her boys on our trip back to Halifax!

We are missing all of our Essex friends, wish you could all be here with us! :)

I close with a picture of my 2 joys!! They are both growing so so fast!!


Benjamin's very first taste of ice cream! He LOVED it!!!

A beautiful picture of sweet Sophie on dedication day! Isn't she a picture!! Pure BEAUTY!!
Enjoy and Be Blessed!!!

No comments: