Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Being gracious...

Have you ever just stopped the busy-ness of your day for a couple of minutes, just to thank God for the blessings he has given to you.


We take for granted so many things- clean water, a home to live in, food not only to maintain our nourishment but the blessing of being also able to choose what we put into our mouths, our senses: sight, sound, taste, smell and touch, family, friendships, freedom to outwardly decleare that we are thankful for such things and give praise to a heavenly father that we know is responsible for placing such blessings into our lives! (Remember some nations would actually kill their own for declaring they believe in Jesus Christ!)


I would like to take a couple minutes to share with you some of the things that stick out in my mind today, that I owe many thanks to my heavenly father for!

~NATHAN~



This picture depicts a number of things that I am thankful for- my husband (whom I just celebrated 6 years of marriage with this month), his health, his intellegence not only for his applied studies but for so many things, his willingness to protect our family financially while supporting me to stay home and care for our children (a dream for the both of us), and finally for LOVE! A love that has brought much laughter and the occasional tear, but mostly for a love that endures, is adventurous and is stronger today than when it initiated.


Thank you God for Nathan!
"At all times, and for everything, give thanks in the name of the Lord Jesus, to God the father!" Ephesians 5:20

~SOPHIA~
This picture also depicts many reasons to be gracious! The mere fact that I am able to capture this beautiful baby on film is a miracle itself, and reason to be so so thankful! I am thankful to God that she has overcome so many days of sickness, I am thankful for the smile she brings not only to her Daddy and Mommy's face- but to all who encounter her beauty, I am thankful for her growth and how it is surpassing what even the very best doctors said would take place at her age, and I am so thankful for her JOY (she is one happy baby)! And the amazing joy she brings to us!
Thank you Lord for giving me Sophie!
"Thanks be to GOD, for this indescribable gift." 2Corinthians 9:15

~BENJAMIN~
This little guy also brings SO many reasons to be thankful to our heavenly father! After years of trying to have a 'firstborn', he too was a miracle for us! His ability to capture just about every heart he meets is amazing to watch as a Mommy, and makes my heart swell with pride for him. His innocence to the things of the world, his vast intellegence for a 19 month old (he is one SMART kid), his laughter - and how he laughs often, his abundance of energy and excitment, and finally for the DELIGHT he has brought to us as parents!
Thank you God, for giving me Benjamin!
"For everything God has created is GOOD!" 1 Timothy 4:4
These are just a few of the reasons I am thankful today! My life is FULL of reasons to be thankful, as I am sure yours is also.
Tell me, why are you gracious? More importantly make time to tell our Lord what you are gracious for today! There isn't enough time to thank him for everything today, so set aside some time daily to reflect on some new things to be gracious for!
"O Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known his doings amongst the people." 1 Chronicles 16:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very grateful for my Family also .I am truely blessed with a wonderful (THE BEST) husband ever, also 2 beautiful Daughters and their husbands and 4 precious grandbabies (NANA'S PRIDE AND JOY). Also I am blessed with a wonderful Mom and Mom in Law. And the Legacey Of My Dad And Dad in law, but most of all I am blessed that God sent His Son to save an old sinner like me. I can't imagine watching your child die on a cross for something someone else did, that would be hard to do. So for that blessing I am most thankfull for. Love ya, Mom