Thursday, July 22, 2010

Being gracious.....(day 2)

I believe it's safe to say that during a cold, flu, or any illness one's first need- whether one would like to admitt it or not- is to have his or her Mom close by.

One thing worse than being sick yourself, is having a sick child. Having a very sick premature newborn only amplifies this need to have your own Mom near! Living 2200 kilometers away from her during this time was tortureous! It's necessary to have the one who nurtured your every need as a child near... to be there to fire off those how-to's, and what-if's... not to mention the demonstration on how to nurture this little being in the same wonderful manner that you were nurtured! The phone is just no comparison!

Here are some reflective thoughts on my time spent thanking God today for the blessings in my life!

~MY MOTHER~



These pictures are in a backward order... but thats ok :)
This picture was taken in Halifax, in April while Sophia was at the IWK. She was admitted there for a bladder infection! I am ever SO thankful that she was nearby to come and visit, as well as snuggle our dolly and tell her she loved her- herself!

Here is Sophia and my Mom at her dedication luncheon! It was so so great to have had my parents present for both Benjamin and Sophia's dedications :) It would have been so sad if they were not there! So, I am very grateful that they were able to make it!
She is doing very well in this picture! Just 3.5 (almost 4 months) old!
This picture gives me the biggest swell of my heart! After delivering exactly 7 weeks early, Sophia was admitted to the "Neonatal Intensive Care Unit- (NICU)" for a number of weeks! Altogether she was in hospital for 50+ days!
We were so so so blessed to have had my Mom come to care for Benjamin and also to be here for moral support and encouragement for us for some of that time! She was here for 10 days- and we so appreciated her coming! She had to quickly request those days off from her job, and her boss was generous to allow her to do so. We shared updates, laughs, new years, and even (yes I admitt) a few tears! But I am so glad she was the one we got to share them with!
Not to mention she left us with an abundance of cooked meals- frozen for future use, and lots of really yummy baked goods :)
AND, the fact that every night, at the end of our 10-12 hours days in the hospital... she had a delicious steaming hot meal on the table for us to share!
Thank you God for my Mama, and for allowing her to be here when I needed her the most!
And thank you Mama, for all that you do :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice way to make your MAMA cry!!!!!!! It was my pleasure to be there and help out in January when I was needed. Ben and Nana had lots of QUALITY TIME TOGETHER. I had fun ! And I enjoyed doing all the cooking and baking. I love to serve my family in any way that I am needed. God wants us to be His servant and that goes along to our own families too. Thanks for the kind words , but I want my glory in heaven not here, lol. Love you, Mom xo